We are searching for DBA experts, for ORACLE or Microsoft SQL Server.
Different positions & locations : Mons, Brussels, The Hague.
Skills & Knowledge
For Oracle – General
- Expert knowledge of Oracle Database 10g and 12c
- A thorough knowledge of Oracle Middleware Infrastructure(Oracle Weblogic, Oracle Forms12c, Oracle Reports 12c)
- Technically strong engineering skills, analytical skills
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS deployments on Microsoft Active Passive clusters with Oracle Failsafe
- Experience with virtual server technologies (at least both VMware and Hypervisor)
- Good to expert knowledge in following domains, being part of the ERP environment
- Oracle EBS R12., Oracle SSO, Oracle Hyperion (EPM)system,Oracle OBIEE, Oracle Clusterware on Linux, Oracle RDBMS 12c
For SQL Server – General
- Expert knowledge of SQL server 2012/2014 RDBMS/Reporting/Integration Services
- Experience with SQL Server deployments on Microsoft Clusters (availability groups – fci cluster)
- Good knowledge of Windows technology such as Windows 2012 Server and Active Directory
- Technically strong engineering skills, adaptive to customer needs and being able to work in a team Analytical thinking.
- Experience with virtual server technologies (at least both VMware and Hypervisor) – virtual cluster Installation
The candidate must have experience with:
- A good awareness of access security and knowledge on security policies implementation;
- Have a very good general knowledge of IT hardware and software
- Good verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities to analyse database related problems and ability to think beyond the database space.
- Knowledge of current Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of a scripting language on Linux and Windows (e.g. bash, PowerShell, Perl).
- The daily operations and maintenance of the various database services and their related infrastructure
- The provision of second line database support
- Monitoring performance of the DBMS systems and implementation of the required measures ensuring an optimal performance and availability of the database services
- Implementing the defined backup strategy for all database systems and the execution of tests ensuring that a valid recovery plan is in place
- resolving incidents or planning and implementing changes to the systems
- Assisting in defining and implementing an upgrade strategy
- Implementing required configuration changes following a formal change management process
- providing input regarding opportunities on how to improve the established DB baseline
- Implementing appropriate security measures and ensuring systems are developed adhering to business continuity standards
- Acting as a Subject Matter Expert
- Ensuring that all actions taken are accurately documented in accordance with ITIL standards & procedures
- Writing procedures and technical documentation
- Writing, testing and using software scripts to automate repetitive works or in response to “data mining” requests
NATO Secret clearance
Salary : from 40k to 60k. To be negotiated, according to experience and proven knowledge).
English: STANAG 3333 or C1